Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Happy St David's Day!

A perfect day.

Maybe not quite the first day of spring, but it's getting warmer..

After killing myself in Ali's spinnin' class, I indulged myself with a bunch of Tesco's daffodils


then returned home to find my friend Debra's book, 'Killing Eratosthenes'  behind the door.


I had the pleasure of reading this in its pre-published state.  It takes what remains of a murder trial recorded in Ancient Greece and converts it into a fascinating narrative.  As usual with Debra's books I learnt a lot about life in fifth century BC Athens, but the book comes with a decidedly twenty-first century innovation: via a link to Debra's Killing Eratosthenes website, it is possible to cast your vote and take a look at the virtual outcome.

To finish my perfect St David's day, I am returning to Wales to see the Tailor of Inverness in Theatr Clwyd.   Looking forward to this.  It's had great reviews and the last time monologue I saw in Thatr Clwyd, Grounded,  it turned out to be one of my all-time favourites.

2 Comments:

Blogger aliholli said...

But you came back for more spinning today werhoo :)

Wed Mar 02, 11:02:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Certainly did! :-) (managed to book early this time)

Thu Mar 03, 08:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home